750 mL

An independent, public journal of tasting notes for hundreds of wines from around the world.

Sign up to receive The Short Pour: 750 mL's quarterly newsletter of wine news and notes.


Follow me on Twitter @750_mL or email 750mL.blogspot@gmail.com

February 15, 2005

03 L'Ecole No. 41, Walla Voila Chenin Blanc

A summery sweet orange bouquet wafts out of the glass and I know, if nothing else, this is going to be fun. Sparkling enough to compensate for a general lack of acidity, this chenin is saturated with orange, red grapefruit, and lemon popsicles on the tongue. If wine were a woman, this would be her lips.

3 Comments:

Blogger 750 mL said...

My girlfriend thought it was too sweet. It went rather well with homemade Szechuan tofu lo-mein and avocado nori rolls. If it was warmer out, I'd drink this by the case. Thanks so much for visiting the site! I hope you enjoy the wine.

10:17 AM  
Blogger caveman said...

Nilay, are we in the Loire here? I am a chenin monster and have necer heard of this wine... isn't chenin great?
caveman

8:00 AM  
Blogger 750 mL said...

No, not the Loire, my man. L'Ecole 41 is in Washington. This is a bit flabbier than the Loire chenins I've had, but many others have compared this to good, off-dry Loire wine.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  © 2005-2011 Nilay Gandhi