750 mL

An independent, public journal of tasting notes for hundreds of wines from around the world.

Sign up to receive The Short Pour: 750 mL's quarterly newsletter of wine news and notes.


Follow me on Twitter @750_mL or email 750mL.blogspot@gmail.com

May 18, 2010

In the Scheme of Life, We're All Just Brothers

Never thought I'd find myself quoting The Offspring on this blog, but so it goes. We've got a small, but dedicated readership. One I wish I were closer to at times. Because I read the emails and comments you send over, I read your Tweets, and you all seem like a crowd I could sit down and shoot the shit with over a few drinks. It looks like now I might have that chance. I'm happy to announce that 750 mL is one of a small handful of winners in the WBC-or-Bust: Road to Walla Walla competition for Best Washington Wine or Tasting Note. From what I've gathered so far, we've won for either of our posts on the 2005 Betz Besoleil, an incredible Columbia Valley grenache that starts to suggest maybe the PacNW is more like Spain than anywhere else, and the 2006 L'Ecole No. 41 Merlot, which I pull out any time anyone says anything about France or Napa. Pretty fly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Congrats 750! I'm fully onboard with WA as a great place for Grenacha, Syrah, Mourvedre, Tempranillo.

U.S. answer to Spain and the Rhone Valley.

Look forward to meeting you at WBC'10.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  © 2005-2011 Nilay Gandhi