750 mL

An independent, public journal of tasting notes for hundreds of wines from around the world.

Sign up to receive The Short Pour: 750 mL's quarterly newsletter of wine news and notes.


Follow me on Twitter @750_mL or email 750mL.blogspot@gmail.com

October 27, 2006

00 Chateau Plaisance, Premieres Cotes de Bordeaux "Sortilege"

I have never written a tasting note because I had to. I've never thought: it's been too long... I better post something. I've never given ratings or told you where I bought anything, what I paid. There are too many other things to talk about. Sure, I can speculate what'll happen to the tannins, the acid, and the fruit (that they'll never quite come together), score the wine like a lab book. But I'd rather tell you that this Plaisance is a beautiful wine. Its chalky texture, earthy wild blackberry and green fig aroma, and long taste of vanilla wafers, Dutch cocoa powder, Virginia tobacco, wood chips, and cassis is enough. Enough for me to love this moment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, that's a rock star wine.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sortilege
1. The act or practice of foretelling the future by drawing lots.
2. Sorcery; witchcraft.
That's it man, Bordeaux fuckin' Magic!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  © 2005-2011 Nilay Gandhi