750 mL

An independent, public journal of tasting notes for hundreds of wines from around the world.

Sign up to receive The Short Pour: 750 mL's quarterly newsletter of wine news and notes.


Follow me on Twitter @750_mL or email 750mL.blogspot@gmail.com

January 19, 2005

02 Coche-Bizouard, Meursault

Precisely Meursault. Immediately acidic and lightly smoky, blossoming quickly into an enveloping richness of fresh sweet cream butter, vanilla bean, and a touch of golden apples. The finish is a hedonistic exhibition of more pure vanilla and long toasted walnuts and pecans, always backed by good acid. After a few seconds, the wine comes full circle with caramelized apples and a zip of nutmeg.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

this sounds good... what is the approximate price of this wine?

9:41 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

Oh, now, I've just come across your other reply to someone else asking a similar question. I understand your reasons. I'll look it up and possibly try it. Regards,

~C

9:51 PM  
Blogger 750 mL said...

Hey Carly,

You should be able to find it for 30 - 40 bucks, which I think is a real steal. You should be able to find it at http://www.thecorkscrew.com. I think it's worth exactly what it costs; in fact, I blind tasted it once and managed to guess the price right down to the penny.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  © 2005-2011 Nilay Gandhi