750 mL

An independent, public journal of tasting notes for hundreds of wines from around the world.

Sign up to receive The Short Pour: 750 mL's quarterly newsletter of wine news and notes.


Follow me on Twitter @750_mL or email 750mL.blogspot@gmail.com

November 27, 2009

94 Foreau, Vouvray Sec

People have lost their jobs for less, but I'm self-employed on 750 mL, so I can say this: you must try this wine exactly once in your life... But in the meantime, here are my years-old notes on the dry 2002, for which this 94 is a telling omen, and the sweeter 1995 Moelleux. They're proof that I'm getting old, and that nothing could be better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Candid Wines said...

I have tried this more than once - that was an absolutely ridiculous deal that Jeremy found on this wine. I even have a bottle I got "to go"...

10:50 AM  
Blogger 750 mL said...

Good to hear. I really shouldn't have written this. And to be fair I think you need to try it more than once to have anything reasonable to say. Pretty confounding juice.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  © 2005-2011 Nilay Gandhi