750 mL

An independent, public journal of tasting notes for hundreds of wines from around the world.

Sign up to receive The Short Pour: 750 mL's quarterly newsletter of wine news and notes.


Follow me on Twitter @750_mL or email 750mL.blogspot@gmail.com

August 29, 2005

97 Domaine Parent, Corton Grand Cru Les Renardes

I had to delete my notes and think about this for another hour. What begins as a funky, light, mushroomy table pinot noir that reminds me of taleggio cheese grows fierce. The easy-sipping texture--I thought this wine was on its last legs--suddenly gets exponentially tannic and spicy. It grows a pair. Cinammon cherries, cranberries, red currants, plums, and tart raspberries make up the delineated palate, while all the spice and jam behind that fruit surge through the slightly nutty finish. There's a lot of power here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  © 2005-2011 Nilay Gandhi