750 mL

An independent, public journal of tasting notes for hundreds of wines from around the world.

Sign up to receive The Short Pour: 750 mL's quarterly newsletter of wine news and notes.


Follow me on Twitter @750_mL or email 750mL.blogspot@gmail.com

September 14, 2005

NV Waris-Larmandier, Avize Grand Cru Brut Blanc de Blancs

A glass of this might seem esoteric with a ham and brie baguette on an early fall Wednesday in Paris. Sharing a bottle and a broken-French discussion about politics and "people," I doubt I could contain myself. Without the lust and sloth, however, it is an underwhelming wine. The tart gala apple and orange marmalade flavors are tremendous, but nothing else happens and my palate quickly grows tired of the incessant encores. The flavor is bolder than that of many non-vintage champagnes, but the Pop Rocks and soda structure makes it seem overwhelming. Despite the whoopie cushion finish, I can't help but long for that imagined moment in the Latin Quarter, talking some bullshit and drinking my bistro wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  © 2005-2011 Nilay Gandhi