750 mL

An independent, public journal of tasting notes for hundreds of wines from around the world.

Sign up to receive The Short Pour: 750 mL's quarterly newsletter of wine news and notes.


Follow me on Twitter @750_mL or email 750mL.blogspot@gmail.com

March 05, 2006

99 La Fleur-Petrus, Pomerol

It's what seamless means. For a Pomerol neophyte, this wine is enough to think that all great wine should come from a 10 hectare plot of land managed by Christian Moueix. I bet his water tastes better than yours. The 99 La Fleur-Petrus is an eye-opening wine for me because it provides so much unabashed joy. Sweet cherries, I guess, maybe some wet soil, raspberries, and espresso. I'm not really worried about getting the tasting note correct. More than a wine for writers like me, it is one for the winemakers themselves. It is the humming monolith of Bordeaux. It is the prototype.

2 Comments:

Blogger caveman said...

Everyone should be big enough to be in awe from time to time. Great one Nilay.
Bill

8:09 PM  
Blogger jens at cincinnati wine said...

The 98 is pretty damn good also!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  © 2005-2011 Nilay Gandhi