750 mL

An independent, public journal of tasting notes for hundreds of wines from around the world.

Sign up to receive The Short Pour: 750 mL's quarterly newsletter of wine news and notes.


Follow me on Twitter @750_mL or email 750mL.blogspot@gmail.com

April 01, 2006

02 Ridge, California Geyserville

This is really good. Take that in a good way--I'm speechless (well, as speechless as I can be). The juice is more reminiscent of good overripe Cali cab and syrah than zinfandel, with long flavors of muddled blackberries, milk chocolate, and fleshy peppers. But, compared to other zin-heavy blends, the Ridge isn't over-the-top--not like Lytton Springs. It's an incredibly well-balanced wine, and this distinguished finish of creamy black tea that lingers as I type this is driving me mad. Great concentration, clean, firm. "It stands tall," said a friend tasting this blind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  © 2005-2011 Nilay Gandhi