750 mL

An independent, public journal of tasting notes for hundreds of wines from around the world.

Sign up to receive The Short Pour: 750 mL's quarterly newsletter of wine news and notes.


Follow me on Twitter @750_mL or email 750mL.blogspot@gmail.com

May 29, 2006

97 Don Jacobo, Rioja Reserva

I usually run from the dilly smell of terrorizingly strong American oak, but the 97 Don Jacobo called me in like whatever the nasal equivalent is of the Sirens calling Odysseus to shipwreck. With my nose tied to the mast, I sail through into an alluring sea of earthy plums, black cherries, and mineral. The oaky aroma becomes wholesome, singing faintly in the background as the wine drifts into something much more mature.

1 Comments:

Blogger 750 mL said...

A bottle of this was the perfect foil for an otherwise uninteresting dish of octopus in a briney tomato sauce. Based on that dish, I think the Jacobo would do great with a similarly stewed chicken dish or paella.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  © 2005-2011 Nilay Gandhi